Pages

Note to my followers:

Currently not in use. But I'm not deleting it because I may start back up again one day.

Books 3,4 & 5 from my top 7 of 2009!

Ok so I know I am a slacker, most of the time, but that wasn't the case in why these posts are so late. I went to Connecticut Sunday, i've been working a lot. I just didn't have the time to sit down and write reviews about these books no matter how much I love them. But I do have time now so without further ado, books 3,4 & 5 from my top 7 from 2009.(I'll do books 6 & 7 tomorrow so there's not to much in this one post!)


For book 3 I have chosen a book that I originally never intended on reading, seeing as I never intended on reading the first book that came out in this series. I am talking about Catching Fire. While it took me a while to actually pick up The Hunger Games(the first book in the series) it took me a few more months to actually open it. I'm not sure what it was but it just didn't look that good to me. Well, I was wrong. I know it's a rarity but it does happen on occasion. I loved The Hunger Games and I knew Catching Fire would be just as good.


Here is a little bit about Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins(possibly some spoilers for those of you who haven't read this yet):

"Much to her shock, Katniss has fueled an unrest she's afraid she cannot stop. And what scares her more is that she's not entirely convinced she should try. As time draws near for Katniss and Peeta to visit the districts on the Capitol's cruel Victory Tour, the stakes are higher than ever. If they can't prove, without a shadow of a doubt, that they are lost in their love for each other, the consequences will be horrifying."


What I think:
OMG! That's all I can say because that's what I said when I finished reading Catching Fire. I couldn't believe it, when does the third book come out?!!? Just kidding I already know the answer to that. But seriously, this book was amazing. It kept my attention the whole time and I never wanted it to end, but it did and the author has done an awesome job of keeping her readers interested. I am now a loyal follower of this series and regret admitting I was not the least bit interested when it first came out. The characters are amazing too. Katniss is a great female character. She's strong physically and mentally, she takes care of her family, she's a survivor. And Peeta. I am Team Peeta. That's all I have to say on that subject. If you haven't read this or The Hunger Games, you should. I regret not reading it sooner but now there's less time until the third and final book is released!! This series is a must read.


Book 4 from my top 7 favorites. This is a book that is not part of a series, well it is but it is the first one in the series so you're not behind if you haven't read this one yet, but you still need to read it. hush,hush by Becca Fitzpatrick is one of my favorites from 2009.


Here is a little bit about the book:
"For Nora Grey, romance was not part of the plan. She's never been particularly attracted to the boys at her school, no matter how much her best friend, Vee, pushes them at her. Not until Patch came along. With his easy smile and eyes that seem to see inside her, Nora is drawn to him against her better judgment.
But after a series of terrifying encounters, Nora's not sure who to trust. Patch seems to be everywhere she is, and to know more about her than her closest friends. She can't decide whether she should fall into his arms or run and hide. And when she tries to seek some answers, she finds herself near a truth that is way more unsettling than anything Patch makes her feel.
For Nora is right in the middle of an ancient battle between the immortal and those that have fallen - and, when it comes to choosing sides, the wrong choice will cost her life."


Personal Opinion:
I read mostly vampire books or books related to that. Theres always something thats not about vampires but is equally as good. This year my prefrences grew to include angels. Fallen angels for that matter. Fitzpatrick hooked me in when her first two chapters of hush,hush were available online to read before it was released. I read them, and couldn't believe I had to wait. But wait I did and I didn't regret it. I loved the book and will be getting the second one, Crescendo, whenever that is released. Patch is amazing, he is one of the main characters. Did I mention that he was amazing? Oh right, I did. Annnyways... this book develops well and becomes very fast paced near the end, which I loved. It just got better and better, and I have to admit I was a bit surprised with the ending. I mean usually I figure most everything out before the book ends but Becca was good at keeping some things a surprise, which as a reader I really appreciate. Not only is this book one of my favorites but it has to be one of my favorite covers too. That's what initally drew me in. I recommend this for all, so go pick it up!

I have to add this to my favorites because out of all of the books from the House of Night series this is my favorite so far. Hunted is number 5 from my top 7! Hunted is book five from the House of Night series which is written by mother daugher team P.C and Kristin Cast.

Heres a summary of the book(definately spoliers below if you haven't read the previous books):
"At the start of this heart-pounding new installment in the bestselling House of Night series, Zoey's friends have her back again and Stevie Rae and the red fledglings aren't Neferet's secrets any longer. But an unexpected danger has emerged. Neferet guards her powerful new consort, Kalona, and no one at the House of Night seems to understand the threat he poses. Kalona is gorgeous, and he has the House of Night under his spell. A past life holds the key to breaking his rapidly spreading influence, but what if his past life unearths secrets Zoey doesn't want to see and truths she can't face? On the run and holed up in Tulsa's Prohibition-era tunnels, Zoey and her gang must discover a way to deal with something that might bring a them all down. Meanwhile, Zoey has a few other little problems. The red fledglings have cleaned up well- they've even managed to make the dark, creepy tunnels feel more like home- but are they really as friendly as they seem? On the boyfriend front, Zoey has a chance to make things right with super-hot ex, Erik, but she can't stop thinking about Stark, the archer who died in her arms after one unforgettable night, and she is driven to try to save him from Neferet's sinister influence at all costs. Will anyone believe the power evil has to hide among us?"

Review:
All of the books in the HON series are fun reads. They are interesting and different than other vampire books that I have read. While I enjoy the entire series, this is my favorite from the bunch. Zoey is a strong main character but she isn't overconfident and that makes me like her more. She can be a leader when she has to be but likes being one of the group. I love all of her friends, and I really like Stark. It has romance but action and comedy too. Sharp wit from some of the characters is what makes it such a fun read I think. This book, or the others in the series aren't too long, you could probably read them in 1-2 days if you have the time. They are enjoyable though so I recommend them as a quick, fun read. The other books in the series in order are Marked, Betrayed, Chosen, Untamed, Hunted and Tempted. The next book Burned comes out in April of 2010 and theres supposed to be like 12 books or something in the series. Enjoy!

Alright so five books down two to go, heres what's to choose from if you win my contest if you missed my previous picks:
City of Glass by Cassandra Clare
Blood Promise by Richelle Mead
Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins
Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick
Hunted by P.C. and Kristin Cast

Books 6-7 will be posted tomorrow!

Have a great day!

Sherry <3


Amazon links used are affliate links. If you make a purchase using these links, I may get a small percentage. This does not affect any of the opinions expressed on this blog.

1 comments:

Kari Olson said...

I really like the Hunger Games series... was kind of disappointed in Hush, Hush and have to admit, it seems like the HoN series got better in teh first few books but now it kind of drops again, but I am too ingrained in the story line to just stop...

Post a Comment

Leave some lovin'! :)