Pages

Note to my followers:

Currently not in use. But I'm not deleting it because I may start back up again one day.

First Snow!


As of approx. 3 hours ago, the first snow began to fall where I live in Upstate NY. I HATE snow. I don't know why, maybe because it's so cold and wet and makes everything such a pain, but I just don't like it. It is even starting to stick, but fortunately we are only supposed to get about an inch, so lets hope it stays that way, and that we don't get anymore for a while.

I received my first contest prize the other day from Lisa over at A Life Bound By Books. I got Breathless by Lurlene McDaniel, which doesn't fit my typical book genre but it sounds amazing so I am very excited to read it. I also got Being by Kevin Brooks. I've heard only good things about Brooks so i'm sure this will be awesome as well. To go with the books I also got a bag of swag including various little items and an awesome Twilight/Edward bookmarker. So I just want to give a little shout out here thanking Lisa for my awesome prizes. It was a good first contest to win!

Oddly enough, I haven't read a book in a couple of weeks. I have been stuck on tv series. I usually switch back and forth depending on what kind of mood im in. I just rewatched the first two seasons of Veronica Mars which has to be one of my favorite shows ever. For anyone who hasn't seen it, you should really check it out.

I want to do a contest soon so tell all your friends to follow because as soon as I hit 50 followers I will host my first contest!

That's all I really have for today. Sorry for the lack of posts lately!!! I promise to post more frequently from now on!

Sherry <3

4 comments:

Eli said...

Aww you don't like snow? I kinda miss it. I used to live in Michigan, but now I live GA and we get maybe 1 day of snow tops. It's all melted by the next day. Though, we haven't had snow for about 2-3 years...

A Life Bound By Books said...

It's to bad you don't like snow. I love it... and live in the wrong place for loving it. We're lucky we're getting cooler weather and some rain right now. :o)

Glad you got your stuff! Sorry Breathless isn't your usual genre. It's a quick read. I think you'll enjoy it. Also, look at it this way, you can always pass it on in a contest of your own!

vvb32 reads said...

snow is great if you don't have to shovel the driveway. and if you get to stay indoors warm and cozy-like with a good book, of course. ;-D

Sherry said...

I used to love snow, moving up north after living in Virginia, California and Georgia for most of my life. But after so many years of it, it just gets annoying. And my car sucks in the snow! :)

Post a Comment

Leave some lovin'! :)