The beginning of August was an almost perfect start to a month. I read one great book after another and worked less than usual. Went to an awesome concert with my Dad and boyfriend. Life was good.
These past two weeks... not so good.
I will list off how great things have been for me.
1) I've been working more than usual. Lots of early mornings, like 4am. Which wouldn't be so bad normally, but the day before I probably worked 9am-5pm, then went in at 4am, then the next day maybe I went in at 7am, followed by a 5am. Yea my schedule changes EVERY week. It is never constant. And that sucks. Majorly. My body can't get used to the differences and it really catches up to you after a while. Anyways.. I'm EXHAUSTED.
2) My car is a piece of shit. Literally(okay not literally). It's ten years old, and it has 152000 miles. No there isn't an extra 0 there. At one time, my drivers side door wouldn't open or do anything because the locking mechanism or however you spell that, broke. I needed a new door because they don't make the locking mechanism for an ancient ass car like mine. It's not the same color so I have a green car, and a blue door. Last week... my passenger door did the SAME. FREAKING. THING. Will the next door be orange? Maybe red? My check engine light is on. My inspection expired August 31st. It's in the shop now, and the bill is $881. Yeap... I'm screwed.
3) I started school this week. Three classes at the actual campus and two online courses. I've been to college, but this one already seems much, MUCH more time consuming. And it's only been the first week and just thinking about the essays I already have to write for next week.... *sigh*
4) My Great-Grandmother passed away on the 26th. I attended her funeral on Tuesday.
5) I will be attending a second funeral on Saturday, for my 3rd cousin who lost her child during the ninth month of pregnancy. Words cannot express the sadness of this situation.
6) I've been sick for like three weeks. No joke. It's my own damn fault because I avoid doctors offices. So yea I'll blame that one on me.
7) My dad, who just got back from Iraq at the beginning of August, is already back at work, in California, the opposite coast that I am on. Yea sucks. :(
8) Over the past two weeks I have started 5 books, and fininshed none. Those books include Mockingjay and The Demon's Lexicon, which I know are both AWESOME even without finishing them. I just can't read right now. Or not a lot. Which sucks.
My review books are piling up, and my blog posts have become almost nonexistent. So I'm sorry I have virtually been ignoring you. I feel like a crappy blogger, but I know shit happens. I hope to make a full recovery from ^^^^ALL THAT DRAMA up there... soon.
On a positive note... the lady from St. Anne's picked up the boxes of books today. There was 170 total and she was so appreciative, as am I, for all the support. It's amazing how doing something so simple can make you feel so good. Thank you again to everyone who donated!
Ok thats it for me. I hope to be back with an actual review for you soon!
*****AND I NEARLY FORGOT: I have reached 700 followers. I can't thank you all enough for your support throughout my first year of blogging. And I promise to have a blogoversary contest and 700 follower contest soon(better late than never =P)
Love you all!