Pages

Note to my followers:

Currently not in use. But I'm not deleting it because I may start back up again one day.

Review: The Emerald Talisman by Brenda Pandos


The Emerald Talisman by Brenda Pandos
Publication Date March 24th, 2010
Published By Obsidian Mountain Publishing
Paperback, 240 Pages
Source: LaFemmeReaders Book Tour

Summary from Goodreads:

"To be normal, sixteen-year-old Julia Parker would shed her empathic gift in a second. Life has been difficult since her mother's mysterious disappearance ten years earlier - an event she witnessed, but can't remember. Julia's situation becomes more complicated after a near death experience from a blood thirsty stalker. As high school students go missing it is clear there is a connection to her own experience--past and present. Someone has to stop the madness and a chance encounter with a creepy psychic foretells that only Julia is the key to stopping the madness, but it may require the life of the one she loves."

My Review: **** = 4 Stars

I'm confident that most, if not all fans of vampire YA literature will enjoy this book. Brenda puts a great spin on the typical vampire and it makes for quite the interesting read. It grabs you right from the beginning and it keeps you enthalled throughout the entire thing.

Julia Parker is your typical high school student, except she isn't. She has the ability to sense feelings. Nick Kendrick is just a hot guy who saves her life... except hes not! We go on an exciting ride as the two get to know each other and certain situations arise.  

I enjoyed every aspect, but at one point I did feel like the feelings Julia had for Nick were somewhat rushed and maybe not all to true. As the book goes on and more interaction between the two ensues my opinion changes but I just couldn't help but feel like when she first "fell in love" with him she didn't even know him. By the end though I completely forgot about how that bothered me because I loved the way everything came together and how the story ended.

Brenda has created a great story that will keep readers eager to know what happens next!

The Sapphire Talisman is definitely added to my must have list and I can't wait until December so that I can fall in love with this story all over again.

Have you read it yet? Opinions?!


Sherry<3

2 comments:

Brenda Pandos said...

Thanks for the review Sherry! :) Can't wait till to hear your thoughts on The Sapphire Talisman!

Alyssa Kirk said...

I haven't read this but heard great things - like your review. Thanks I'll check it out!

Post a Comment

Leave some lovin'! :)