Pages

Note to my followers:

Currently not in use. But I'm not deleting it because I may start back up again one day.

Angelfire by Courtney Allison Moulton

Angelfire by Courtney Allison Moulton
Publication Date: Feburary 15th, 2011
Published By: HarperCollins / Katherine Tegan Books
Hardcover, 464 Pages
Source: ARC / Teen Book Scene
 

Summary:

"When seventeen-year-old Ellie starts seeing reapers - monstrous creatures who devour humans and send their souls to Hell - she finds herself on the front lines of a supernatural war between archangels and the Fallen and faced with the possible destruction of her soul.

A mysterious boy named Will reveals she is the reincarnation of an ancient warrior, the only one capable of wielding swords of angelfire to fight the reapers, and he is an immortal sworn to protect her in battle. Now that Ellie's powers have been awakened, a powerful reaper called Bastian has come forward to challenge her. He has employed a fierce assassin to eliminate her - an assassin who has already killed her once.

While balancing her dwindling social life and reaper-hunting duties, she and Will discover Bastian is searching for a dormant creature believed to be a true soul reaper. Bastian plans to use this weapon to ignite the End of Days and to destroy Ellie's soul, ending her rebirth cycle forever. Now, she must face an army of Bastian's most frightening reapers, prevent the soul reaper from consuming her soul, and uncover the secrets of her past lives - including truths that may be too frightening to remember.
 

My Review: ***** = 5 Stars

Wow wow wow! I absolutely loved this book. There have been so many wonderful debuts lately, I'm always worried that the next one I pick up won't be as wonderful, but I didn't have to worry about that with Angelfire. Moulton has crafted a remarkable debut, leaving its readers drooling for whatever she throws at us next. (Wings of the Wicked: Angelfire #2, 2012).


The characters in this novel are just one of the many amazing pieces that make up the whole. Ellie is such a badass, especially when it comes to the fighting scenes. I love seeing a chick in this position. I mean, there are a lot of strong female characters out there, but Ellie is truly one of a kind. And Will, her ever faithful gaurdian is awesome AND swoon worthy.

The whole book is filled with a ton of action, and a portion of those action scense are very intense. It was all written so well, Courtney has an incredible imagnination.

I've only read a few angel books, Hush, Hush and Fallen(which I both loved) to name some, and this book was so different. I know books in the same genre will have similar aspects, but this book stands on its own. It was like an action/adventure mixed with paranormal and a hint of romance. I mean, you can't really go wrong.

I don't know what else to say. I loved every part of this book and I can't wait to read the sequel. This is definitely something I recommend to any fans of paranormal books, and it even has a touch of romance for those of you who need your love fix. I'm already making my family members read it!

Have you read Angelfire yet? What are your thoughts? If not, is this something you would pick up?


Sherry<3

5 comments:

Midnyte Reader said...

I haven't read this yet, but I've been hearing good things about it. I like battle & fight scenes too as long as they are clearly written. I'll have to check this out.

Melissa (i swim for oceans) said...

I've heard this is a really good book, though it wouldn't normally be my thing. Fabulous review! Perhaps I should look into it after all! :)

Nikki (Wicked Awesome Books) said...

I read Angelfire and LOVED it!! I don't normally do angel books, but this one blew me away. I love everything about it and now I'm desperate for the sequel.

Goose and Bug said...

I have been loving all the angel/demon books coming out lately, but I've only read a couple that were even remotely decent. I will have to put this on my TBR list. Thanks!

Tara said...

Ellie = hard-core badass for sure. I loved her and really fell in love with her and Will's relationship. I can't wait for the other books to be released. Great review :)

Post a Comment

Leave some lovin'! :)