Pages

Note to my followers:

Currently not in use. But I'm not deleting it because I may start back up again one day.

Book 1 from my top 7 favorites from 2009!

Ahhh so this is a little late but I had this family Christmas party last night and it just wasn't going to happen. This counts towards the 25th though. This is my first day of my favorite books from 2009. While the books that I am choosing are in no particular order, this has to be one of my favorites from not only 2009 but ever. I am a huge fan of Cassandra Clare so I am happy to say that City of Glass, part of the Mortal Instruments Series is indeed in my top 7 of 2009. *cheers from the crowd*

City of Glass is the third book in a series(The Mortal Instruments) written by Cassandra Clare. Originally meant to be a trilogy, a fourth book will now be released in 2011(hopefully!!!!).


Here is a summary of the book:(if you haven't read the first this or the first two, beware of minor spoilers below!)


"To save her mother's life, Clary must travel to the City of Glass, the ancestral home of the Shadowhunters -- never mind that entering the city without permission is against the Law, and breaking the Law could mean death. To make things worse, she learns that Jace does not want her there, and her best friend, Simon, has been thrown in prison by the Shadowhunters, who are deeply suspicious of a vampire who can withstand sunlight.


As Clary uncovers more about her family's past, she finds an ally in mysterious Shadowhunter Sebastian. With Valentine mustering the full force of his power to destroy all Shadowhunters forever, their only chance to defeat him is to fight alongside their eternal enemies. But can Downworlders and Shadowhunters put aside their hatred to work together? While Jace realizes exactly how much he's willing to risk for Clary, can she harness her newfound powers to help save the Glass City -- whatever the cost?

Love is a mortal sin and the secrets of the past prove deadly as Clary and Jace face down Valentine in the final installment of the New York Times bestselling The Mortal Instruments."

My review:
   Well I already told you it's one of my favorites so that should say something. I don't know what it is about Clare's writing but she sucks me right into her books everytime. The first two books in the series I had a difficult time putting down when I had to, but with this it was just impossible, I read it in a straight shot. The characters are engaging and they grew as the series progressed. I won't give anything away but I love the ending and i'm very glad that's how Clare decided to end it. It was full of suspense, action, comedy, romance everything us YA readers love to read about. The book has a great plot and everything that happens from the beginning until the end somehow fits into the conclusion of the book. Jace was my favorite character throughout the first two books and was again in this one. He has that sarcastic wit and charm about him and you can't help but love his character. Overall if I had a rating system, which I don't yet but I will get eventually, it would be a 5/5! I recommend this book to anyone and if you haven't read the first two in the series they are City of Bones and City of Ashes. You will not regret it!

So that is my 1st book out of my top 7 from 2009. This will be one of the books of choice to the winner/winners of my contest. If you haven't entered yet just find the tab that says My Year End/First Contest at the top of my page and go enter!

I am going out of town today and I don't know what the internet access is like there. It will just be for two days so if by chance I can't get online, I will be posting my reviews on the next two books when I get home. Let's all cross our fingers though that I can get online because that will just plain suck if I can't!

I'll be posting an interview with author Christina Harner, who wrote Behind Every Illusion, after this so make sure you come back to check it out!

Sherry <3

Amazon links used are affliate links. If you make a purchase using these links, I may get a small percentage. This does not affect any of the opinions expressed on this blog.


1 comments:

Natalie said...

Love love LOVE this series! So glad to see it on your list!

Post a Comment

Leave some lovin'! :)