Pages

Note to my followers:

Currently not in use. But I'm not deleting it because I may start back up again one day.

Long overdue Eclipse and Breaking Dawn reviews!

I never actually thought about posting a review on the Twilight Saga books because I read them soooo long ago, but I just re-read Eclipse and Breaking Dawn so I figured, why not? Here ya go!

Eclipse
By: Stephenie Meyer

Inside Jacket Summary:
"As Seattle is ravaged by a string of mysterious killings and a malicious vampire continues her quest for revenge, Bella once again finds herself surrounded by danger. In the midst of it all, she is forced to choose between her love for Edward and her friendship with Jacob---knowing that her decision has the potential to ignite the ageless struggle between vampire and werewolf. With her graduation quickly approaching, Bella has one more decision to make: life or death. But which is which?"

My views:
As a reader of the series from the very beginning, I have followed all there is to follow about the Twilight Saga. I wouldn't call myself one of those obsessed fangirls but I thoroughly enjoy the books. Previously I had only read Eclipse one time, compared to the multiple times I had read all of the other books in the series. After I finished reading through this time, I wondered to myself why that was. Stephenie Meyer does a wonderful job of keeping the conflict present throughout the story, even at times that have nothing to do with it. And while the idea of what is going on with the killings in Seattle are always at the forefront, they don't stick out and ruin the rest of the book. This book flows wonderfully and keeps an interested reader captivated for hours. The characters are stronger now then in the previous two novels and the amount of growth is amazing to witness. Being a follower of Team Edward, I do not like a few of the situations that occur later in the book, but that is just personal opinion. They add to the storyline and this book wouldn't be itself if not for those certain happenings. Though this isn't my favorite book from the series, it is definately a vital part of it and i'm glad I can re-read this, and the others, and still find that the emotion felt while originally reading, is still there. Recommended for any young adult, supernatural, romance reader. (not all three but at least one of them!)

p.s - Please don't let the basis of this story and the previous ones to cloud your judgement, these books are not only for the female reader, as I know plenty of males that have enjoyed them as well!

Ok, so that's that, keep reading for my review on Breaking Dawn!

Breaking Dawn
By: Stephenie Meyer

Inside Jacket Summary:
"To be irrevocably in love with a vampire is both fantasy and nightmare woven into a dangerously heigtened reality for Bella Sawn. Pulled in one direction for her intense passion for Edward Cullen, and in another for her profound connection to werewolf Jacob Black, she has endured a tumultuous year of temptation, loss, and strife to reach the ultimate turning point. Her imminent choice to either join the dark but seductive world of immortals or pursue a fully human life has become the thread from which the fate of two tribes hangs.

Now that Bella has made her decision, a startling chain of unprecedented events is about to unfold with potentially devastating and unfathomable consequences. Just when the frayed strands of Bella's life---first discovered in Twlight, then scattered in New Moon and Eclipse---seem ready to heal and knit together, could they be destroyed... forever!"

My views:
(minor spoilers below)
There was so much negativity concerning this book when it first came out and I couldn't understand why. I guess I am one of those people that want things to come to a somewhat decent end(like where movies have the main character die, HATE it!). For me, Breaking Dawn had it all. There was romance, friendship, action, and conflict and I always feel an array of emotions when I read it, such as happiness, fear, sadness etc. I will admit, I still cry when I read the end of this book! The characters have come so far, some of them are completely different from how they started in Twlight. That is one of the things that many people didn't like, but I found it refreshing as so many series have characters that remain completely the same throughout the whole series and it drives me absolutely crazy. While the reviews are mixed on this one, my review will always be the same. I love this book, it is my favorite of the series and I don't think there is one thing I would change. I recommend this book for anyone, that is if you've read the first three books in the series, if you haven't, get to it! The cover also happens to be my favorite in the series. I think it relates to what happens in the book the best compared to the others.

Ok, so took my a while but here they are, maybe I will re-read Twilight and New Moon sometime soon and post belated reviews on them as well. Going backwards hmm, I like to mix it up a little!

I'm not sure what I am going to read next, I have a couple books I received from Librarything that I still have to read and review so maybe I should jump on that. Keep a look out for my 7 favorite books of 09', a week full of posts on my favorite books from this past year, followed by a contest where one winner will be able to pick out one of those seven books. Depeneding on the number of followers I get before the end of the contest, there very well may be two winners or even three so be sure to send all your friends over to become followers! Want to earn extra entries for the contest?

***ANYONE who becomes a follower in the next 7 days, that is from right now 12/16/09 until 12/23/09, approx. 6:30pm, can email me if they were sent by a friend or another follower, and both the person who joined and the person that sent them will receive three extra entries each! So if you become a follower after this post, please send an email if someone sent you here and you would like extra entries for the upcoming contest! My email is ssalach88@gmail.com. Please include your name, email address and the name/blogname of the person who sent you! I will add the extra entries in following the end of the contest so no need to worry about mentioning the extra entries when the contest is actually running! ***

Hope you all have a great night!
Sherry <3

Amazon links used are affliate links. If you make a purchase using these links, I may get a small percentage. This does not affect any of the opinions expressed on this blog.

1 comments:

vvb32 reads said...

hear, hear! i love this series too. and am team edward and liked breaking dawn. twilight is my favorite of them all. i'm waiting for the dvd of new moon though.

Post a Comment

Leave some lovin'! :)