Pages

Note to my followers:

Currently not in use. But I'm not deleting it because I may start back up again one day.

My End of the Year/First Contest!

This Contest is CLOSED!!!


So this is my first ever contest and it coincides with the end of the year perfectly. Later tonight, and for the following six days I will post one book with its review. Those seven books will be my favorites from 2009 and that is what the winner will be choosing from, one of those. If I get more followers the prizes will get better. Here is what could potentially be up for grabs:


75 Followers- The winner of the contest will get to choose two books from the 7 on the list.


100 Followers- The first place winner will get to choose two books and a second place winner will get to choose one book from the list. It will be first come first serve as far as picking out of the 7 books goes.


125 Followers- Same as the 100 followers, but a third place winner will win a random book off my bookshelf, I will tell them the book ahead of time and if they don't like it can choose to receive a bag of swag instead.

If the time comes where I need to up the prizes, I will!

You must be a follower to enter this contest. You will need to leave you name and email address in your comment so that at the end of the contest I can contact you. You need to answer this question to be eligible to win: What was your favorite book from 2009? You will be able to get extra entries. This is how:

+1 - If you are a new follower.
+2 - If you are an old follower.
+3 - If i'm on your blogroll, or if you add me to your blogroll.(leave page link)
+5 - If you blog about this contest in an actual post and leave the link.

That will be it for extra entries for this contest, since it is my first one I don't want to over do it and make it to difficult for myself. Please add all entries into one comment.

Here's what the winner/winners will get to choose from:
City of Glass by Cassandra Clare (third book in the mortal instruments series)
Blood Promise by Richelle Mead (fourth book in the vampire academy series)
Hush,Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick
Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins (second book in the hunger games series)
Hunted by P.C and Kristin Cast (fifth book in house of night series)
Evermore by Alyson Noel (first in the immortals series)
Blue Moon by Alyson Noel (second in the immortals series)
Stargazer by Claudia Gray (second in evernight series)
Eternal by Cynthia Leicht Smith


The contest will run until January 8th, around 5:00pm.
This is open to U.S Residents Only! Sorry to those of you who are outside the U.S.

Alright that's it, I hope that's everything!

Get entering and good luck!!!!

Sherry <3

32 comments:

Cindy said...

Hmm. My favorite book was Twenty Boy Summer or Hush, Hush. Its a tie between those! I can't pick just one, they were both great :)

+1 I am a new follower :)

simplelifeandreading[at]yahoo[dot]com

Great giveaway and great blog you have here too! I saw your post at A Good Addiction and I am glad to have found your blog :)

Ky said...

Hmmm my favorite book? Ugh unfair question. Okay so I'd have to say Way of the Shadows by Brent Weeks.

+1 I'm a new follower (well I'm trying to follow your blog but my computer hates me right now, so I'm working on it)

+3 Your on my blogroll!!!
+5 And I pimped out your contest.

(did I do that correctly? O.O)

http://findabookmark.blogspot.com/

I'm really glad I stumbled across this on A Good Addiction. You have an awesome blog! (and awesome taste in music)

Oops email address... krenaeskaggs(at)gmail(dot)com

Natalie said...

Awesome! Count me in!

+2 Old Follower
+3 Blogroll

My favorite book from 2009? That's a toughie...It'd be a toss-up between City of Glass by Cassandra Clare, Blood Promise by Richelle Mead, and Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl....If I had to pick....I'd probably go with City of Glass. I think...lol

n_monzyk_27@yahoo.com

Kristen said...

I'm a new follower! :)

Favorite books of 2009: Beautiful Creatures, Fire by Kristin Cashore, Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins.. that's just a few. :)

dragonzgoil at gmail dot com

donnas said...

Tough question. I am going to go with City of Glass for my favorite of the year.

I am a new follower.

bacchus76 at myself dot com

LunaMoth said...

LunaMoth
trancespiderx@gmail.com
+1 new follower
+3 you are on my blogroll

my fav book of 2009... A whisper of wings by paul kidd.

throuthehaze said...

It is so hard to pick only one...I'm going to go with what a couple other people put and say City of Glass by Cassandra Clare. I love that series so much.

+1 new follower

+3 blogroll:
http://throuthehaze-reads.blogspot.com/

Raelena
throuthehaze at gmail dot com

Unknown said...

My favourite book for 2009 is Harry Potter & The Prisoner of Azkaban. And also Remember Me by Sophie Kinsella :)

rubs.escaloan [at] gmail.com [Ruby]

+1 new follower

Bookie00 said...

+2 Old Follower!
+5 Blogged =) http://booksnotbombs794.blogspot.com/2009/12/flipping-pages-for-all-ages.html

Best book in 2009...probably The Knife Of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness <3

Aik said...

I'm going to choose Devoured by Amanda Marrone.

+1 New follower
+3 Added you to my blogroll
http://aik-friendsnfamily.blogspot.com/

aikychien at yahoo dot com

Anonymous said...

My favorite read of 2009 was Dark Lover by J.R. Ward. I love the Brotherhood!!!

+1 new follower
+3 Blogroll

thebookvixen at gmail dot com

Jessy said...

I think I would have to say my favorite book was The Book Thief.
+1-New follower

findjessyhere at gmail dot com

Nikki (Wicked Awesome Books) said...

My favorite book(s) of 2009 are The Hunger Games and Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins.

+1 New follower
+5 Blog post
http://ahauntofancientpeace.blogspot.com/2009/12/contests-around-blogosphere.html

Thanks!
ahauntofancientpeace(at)hotmail(dot)com

Amy J said...

My favorite book of 2009 is River of Tears by Michelle Montgomery. Awesome and powerful read!

+2 - If you are an old follower.
http://myoverstuffedbookshelf.blogspot.com/

+3 Blogroll

Amy J
djsfoxylady@gmail.com

E.J. Stevens said...

White Witch, Black Curse

+1 new follower

Thanks!
e.j.stevens.author[at]gmail[dot]com

Katie said...

My favorite book of 2009 was Beautiful Creatures. It was great.

+1 new follower

katieb206@gmail.com

Jessica B said...

The Hunger Games, and Catching Fire. (Along with so many others!

+2 - If you are an old follower.

shutupjessicasreading @ gmaildotcom

Jessica Secret

Ashley said...

What was your favorite book from 2009? I'd have to say either "Hush, Hush" or The Catching Fire series! :)

+1 New follower.

booksobsession(at)gmail(dot)com

Erica said...

My favorite book this year was Going Too Far by Jennifer Echols

+1 new follower
+3 blogroll http://thebookcellarx.blogspot.com

:) Erica
thebookcellar(at)wi.rr.com

Blueicegal ♥ said...

Urgh imagine my pain right now, im posting about ur contest on my blog when i go back to the rules and it says... for us residents only *sulks* meh not happy at all :(

Blueicegal ♥ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

My favorite book of 2009 is The Lightning Thief!

I didn't know about this contest BEFORE I followed. (so you pick! +1 or +2)

Thanks for this contest! :)

Lucy

Shannon O'Donnell said...

Great contest! That's an awesome list of books. My favorite book of 2009 is The Maze Runner - loved it!

I'm already a follower +2
Added to my blog roll +3
I'll include mention and a link in a blog post +5

Total = 10 :-)

Kirthi said...

+1 I'm a New Follower
+3 Added you to my blogroll
+5 Blogged about it
http://the1bookblog.blogspot.com/2009/12/contests-and-giveaways-to-enter.html

Total: 9

Great contest, I like the books up for winning! Congrats on 75!

Stacey Brucale said...

Favorite book has to be City of glass.

+1 new follower

squiggles87(at)aol(dot)com

Tere Kirkland said...

Hey, I'm your 75th follower!
Great contest, I'll blog about it tomorrow at

http://lesserkey.blogspot.com/

I've been wanting to read Evermore, Eternal, and Hush, Hush.

Thanks!

Tere Kirkland said...

Oops, I was so excited about being a follower, I forgot to answer the question. My fave book of 2009? Catching Fire, by far!

Can't wait for the sequel!

Just Your Typical Book Blog said...

+2 - If you are an old follower.
+3 - If i'm on your blogroll, or if you add me to your blogroll.
http://justyourtypicalbookblog.blogspot.com

5 extra entries

Congrats on the followers! My favorite book from 2009 was If I Stay by Gayle Forman - bawled like a baby

Amber
justyourtypicalbookblog(at)hotmail(dot)com

Unknown said...

+1 I just became a follower
+5 Put up a blog post about it:

SO hard to choose one book. There are so many genres to choose from.

My absolute favorite was actually a picture book, Bubble Trouble by Margaret Mahy, illustrated by Polly Dunbar.

Voidwalker said...

Hi, new follower here. +1 Woot :)
Email trueborn25@hotmail.com

As for the favorite book of 2009, probably "The Shadow of the Wind" by Carlos Ruiz Zafon.

P.S. I dig your blog, thanks for following me too btw.

Brenda said...

Just finished "The Angel" by Carla Neggers so this would be my newest book but Stephanie Laurens Beyond Seduction was a great read also. Plus more of the Sisterhood by Fern Michales,,LOL can't decide. I just found you and like your blog.

+1 I am a new follower

misskallie2000 at yahoo dot com

Miss Haley said...

My favorite book is impossible to pick. but I really liked The Better Part of Darkness.

+1 new follower :)
+3 adding you to my blogroll at haleymathiot.blogspot.com :)

haleymathiot@yahoo.com

thanks :) awesome contest!!

Post a Comment

Leave some lovin'! :)