Pages

Note to my followers:

Currently not in use. But I'm not deleting it because I may start back up again one day.

Author Interview: Stacey Kade(The Ghost & The Goth)

Hey everyone! I was lucky enough to receive an arc a while back of The Ghost & The Goth. If you missed by review you can check it out here. Now I'm even luckier because I got to interview the wonderful author of TG&TG Stacey Kade! Not only is there an interview, but today I also get to share with you an excerpt from the prologue of TG&TG!



Me: Hello Stacey, so glad to have you today!
Stacey: Thanks, Sherry, for having me here!
Me: Tell us a little bit about yourself?
Stacey: Oh, I'm never good at this! How about five random facts instead of a coherent, witty answer? That I can do!

1) I'm a PK (pastor's kid) so I was always the new girl in school. We moved every three to four years. Not quite sure how I survived that! :)

2) I did not attend my senior prom (and I don't think it damaged me psychologically...at least, not much!)

3) One of my very best friends is my sister, who is thirteen years younger than I am. Not often you can say that about someone you placed in a highchair and fed Gerber products. :)

4) I am well and truly a geek at heart. I can quote Star Wars AND Star Trek upon request...though, sadly, no one ever seems to ask.

5) I'm a gadget-fanatic. It is KILLING me not to buy an iPad even though I have no justifiable reason to own one.

Me: The Ghost and The Goth is your first YA novel, what else have you written?
Stacey: I have three other novels that were published for the adult market under a different name. Two science fiction romances in a series and one mystery. Unfortunately, I believe they're a bit tough to find these days, as they've just gone out of print. I loved those stories and characters and do hope to see them out and about again one day.

Me: What are some of your favorite books and authors?
Stacey: Oh, I have so many!

Jane Austen (love her): Pride and Prejudice and Persuasion.

Linnea Sinclair (my mentor and a fabulous science fiction romance author): All of her books are excellent, but Finders Keepers, Downhome Zombie Blues, and Hope's Folly are three of my favorites.

Suzanne Collins: The Hunger Games and Catching Fire

Rachel Caine: Morganville Vampire series

Pretty much anything by Richelle Mead, Jeri Smith-Ready, Meg Cabot, and Kelley Armstrong. I love Patricia Briggs' Mercy series as well.

One fabulous thing about having so many favorite authors is that pretty much any given week one of them will have something new out for me to read!

Fun Questions:

Me: Describe yourself in 4 words or less?
Stacey: Shy first, then loud. :)
Me: You're stuck on a deserted island, what one book do you have with you?
Stacey: Pride and Prejudice! Every time I read that book, I find something new in it. *LOVE*
Me: You're making your big break in the movie business, what type of character are you playing?
Stacey: Hmm. Probably the nice but socially awkward girl next door. Or, the sort of crazy lady who lives down the street and knows all the good gossip because she always has her nose pressed to the window, watching what's going on. Yeah, definitely the second one, I think!
Favorites:

Color-Green
Ice Cream-Butter Pecan
Soda-Mr. Pibb
Food-Cheetos!
Movie-Ghostbusters (I can quote almost the whole thing, much to my husband's annoyance!)
TV Show-Life Unexpected (Here's hoping for Season Two!)
Season-Fall
Animal-Have to go with my babies--greyhounds!


Thanks so much for taking time out of your day to answer some questions, looking forward to the release of The Ghost and The Goth! :)

-------

Excerpt from The Ghost and The Goth:

(Note: Excerpt is not from the final, edited manuscript, so there may be small variations, typos, etc.)

Prologue


Alona Dare




It was easy enough to sneak out of school. I knew that from previous experience. This time, all I had to do was wait until Mrs. Higgins had led everyone onto the outdoor track and then slip behind the bleachers and walk down to the other opening in the chain link fence.

Sneaking back in, though…that would be a bitch. But I’d just have to deal with that when I got back. Like always.

I shivered in the cool morning breeze. It was seven a.m., or a little past, on the first day in May, and it wasn’t nearly warm enough to be out walking around in the stupid thin t-shirt and short shorts they made us wear for gym. At least on the track, the bleachers blocked the wind and the black cinders held some of the heat from the day before. Out here, I had nothing but anger to keep me toasty.

How could she do this to me again? Didn’t she get it? It was never going to happen. There would be no fairy tale ending for her, not this time.
 
---------------
 
 
So there you have it, an interview and excerpt!
 
Are you looking forward to Stacey's YA debut!?
(which comes out July 6th)
 
 
 
Sherry <3

4 comments:

Sara said...

Great review! The ghost & the goth sounds really good! I'm definitely looking forward to it's release!

Eleni said...

Awesome interview Sherry & Stacey, I can't wait to read it!

Jemi Fraser said...

Great interview ladies! Always great to meet another Star Trek/Star Wars fan :)

Talli Roland said...

Great interview - thanks!

Post a Comment

Leave some lovin'! :)