Today I bring you Elise Benton's playlist. Elise is the main character from the upcoming Epic Fail by Claire LaZebnik, which is to be released on August 2nd from HarperTeen. This story is a retelling of Pride & Prejudice and I absolutely LOVED it! Take a look at the songs Elise listed below (the choices make me love this this character even more!).
Elise Benton’s “favorites” playlist on her iPod:
These are the songs I like to crank up when I actually get the house or the car to myself—which doesn’t happen nearly often enough, as far as I’m concerned. They all make me happy, even the sad songs, which I know sounds weird but there’s just something about every one of these songs that gets to me in a good way. I’ve added a note to each one to explain why I love it. -- Elise.
1. Adele, Rolling in the Deep (Adele’s a goddess. Period.)
2. Mumford and Sons, After the Storm (Spare, quiet, moving.)
3. Simon and Garfunkel, Scarborough Fair (Yes, it’s old. But sometimes you want to listen to a classic. Especially one that gives you chills like this one.)
4. Arctic Monkeys, I Bet You Look Good on the Dancefloor (I was torn between this and Fluorescent Adolescent but this edged out for the win.)
5. Amy Winehouse, Valerie (Makes me happy.)
6. Weezer, Island in the Sun (Ditto.)
7. Vampire Weekend, Oxford Comma (Not to be played if Mom, Dad, or Kayla is within earshot—liberal use of the F-word—but smart and funny, and come on, a rock song about an obscure punctuation rule? It’s so nerdy it’s cool.)
8. Regina Spektor, Hero (“I’m the hero of this story, I don’t need to be saved”—every girl needs to repeat that to herself about ten million times, especially one of my sisters who shall go nameless)
9. Florence and the Machine, Between Two Lungs (Flo rocks it out like no one else.)
10. The Shins, Australia (Fun, bouncy, virtually impossible to sing along to.)
Also, fell free to check out Elise Benton's Playlist on Itunes! Just click the link below:
As part of the blog tour, there is also a giveaway for a copy of Epic Fail & a stress ball!
This is a US ONLY contest and you have 7 days to enter.
All you have to do to enter is leave a comment in the comment section (there are no requirements other than the winner must have a US mailing address!)
Thanks to Teen Book Scene for organizing this blog tour and to Claire for supplying Elise's Playlist!