Pages

Note to my followers:

Currently not in use. But I'm not deleting it because I may start back up again one day.

A little vampire love


Unfortunately I didn't get started on Thirst today. I worked and went to the track for the first time ever, and lost, but oh well I had fun! Instead i'll review a book I finished last week that just came out on August 25th. It's the fourth book in the Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead, titled Blood Promise. Here's a short summary: (Beware of minor spoilers if you haven't read the previous three books in the series before.)


Rose Hathaway has just lost the love of her life, but not to death. He's become one of the Strigoi, neither dead or alive, and with no soul. She drops out from school to honor a promise made long before these events that took place, changing her life forever. She leaves Lissa behind, and heads to Dimitri's hometown, where trouble follows her at every turn. Will she have enough to kill the one she loves when they come face to face?


*Spoilers*

So far this is my favorite book of the series. I know there will be more books, and when the next one comes out that will probably be my favorite, but at this point in time I don't see how that is possible. Even though Rose leaves the Academy, we still get to see the interactions with the minor characters including Lissa, Christian, Adrian and Lissa's new friend Avery. I must admit that I feel for Dimitri and his situation but Adrian has just grown on me so much, that I honestly wouldn't mind seeing Rose with him. He's sweet and caring and even though he has a hard time showing it, he truly loves Rose. I know most of you probably want her with Dimitri, but I hope in the end Adrian gets someone he cares about and he is truly happy, I really would hate it if his character gets axed somewhere down the line. Avery causes some problems for Lissa along the road but everything get's sorted out in the end with Rose's help from afar with a few new spirit user friends. Rose meets an important person that belongs in her life along the way, and I totally didn't see that coming at all but it was a nice little twist and I really hope he gets brought back in the fifth book. I don't want to give away too much about the major happenings of the novel but it will be sure to keep you on the edge of your seat until the very last page. I read it all in a single sitting, I didn't even take a darn lunch break. I would read it again right now if I had the time, and my grandmother wasn't borrowing my copy! :) Anyways, it's certainly worth the read and i'm pretty confident that this book will find it's way into your favorite pile! What are you waiting for, go pick this book up!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some lovin'! :)