Pages

Note to my followers:

Currently not in use. But I'm not deleting it because I may start back up again one day.

Catching Fire Review!


Wow. Sometimes I won't even read a series until it's finished because I hate waiting for what's to come next. I wish I did in this case because now I have to wait god knows how long until the next book in The Hunger Games series comes out!! ( :( <---that's my sad face) Anyways with that said, here is a very brief summary of Catching Fire.

------

Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins:

Much to her shock, Katniss has fueled an unrest she's afraid she cannot stop. And what scares her more is that she's not entirely convinced she should try. As time draws near for Katniss and Peeta to visit the districts on the Capitol's cruel Victory Tour, the stakes are higher than ever. If they can't prove, without a shadow of a doubt, that they are lost in their love for each other, the consequences will be horrifying.
________
(Spoilers Below)-There is a major spoiler below so if you don't want to be to spoiled, don't read on.

Catching Fire is an amazing read from start to finish. When I wasn't reading it, I was thinking about what could possibly happen next. It didn't take me too long to just give up and read until I was finished. While the ending was another perfect piece of this novel, it left me dying for more, which I suppose is a good thing for those that want the next book purchased. Katniss Everdeen and Peeta Mellark were both victors in Book 1, but now that the Quarter Quell has arrived and both have astonishingly been reaped back in, will they be able to face each other a second time, knowing only one will be the victor of these games? Even behind the pretense of a looming death, Collins manages to give these characters depth and meaning. The reading of the 75th Hunger Games/Quarter Quell took my breath away and I was in complete shock of what was happening. All of the characters that we love are back including Cinna, Haymitch, Gale and Ellie, and a few new ones that are indeed memorable like Finnick and the new head gamekeeper. I haven't been attached to a series like this since I was waiting for Breaking Dawn to come out, and now it's going to be a long time until the ending will finally be revealed. No matter, this book, and this series, is one of my favorites, if you haven't read it yet, you should. It's unbelievably remarkable and I give it two thumbs way up!!
________

I think I am going to read a book I recieved in the mail earlier this week, it's called Behind Every Illusion, I received it as an early reviewer by the author on Librarything. Let's hope it's good! :)

-Sherry <3

2 comments:

MARY IN SCOTLAND said...

This book is AMAZING!!! It's my favorite series by far! I lent it my copy to a friend and am having withdrawals.

Team Peeta forever!!!

Sherry said...

Yes Team Peeta, I remember when I first saw that and I was like wtf, but now im like TEAM PEETA all the way! :)

Post a Comment

Leave some lovin'! :)