Pages

Note to my followers:

Currently not in use. But I'm not deleting it because I may start back up again one day.

Books for a good cause!

Donation Contest

Give at-risk girls between the ages of 12-18 the chance to read some books! There truly is nothing better than giving a gift to those in need, and who better than those who will be affected in an amazing way with the books you no longer need or read!

At St. Anne's Institute, a residential and therapeutic facility for at-risk girls ages 12 to 18 from all over New York State, they have a limited library of books available to them. We all know the amazing effect books can have on us, and these girls need a positive thing in their lives.

If you have any middle grade, young adult, or other books that are in decent condition and are relevant to the readers(girls, ages 12-18), please donate them!

The library in St. Anne's that will be receiving these books won't be the only ones scoring big.

There will be mulitple prizes going into the prize pool and multiple winners will be drawn. For each book you donate, you will get one entry.

Here are some of the things you can win:

A $10 Barnes and Noble Gift Card
A $10 Borders Gift Card
A $10 Amazon E-gift Card

There will be prizes added soon, promise!! :)

I will have the books sent to me, and the books will be dropped off all at once. 

You will have two weeks to fill out this form(until June 27th), which simply asks your name, email(so I can give you my address), and the number of books you will be donating. After the form closes in two weeks, then you will have two weeks to send your books out. You can start sending them out as soon as you let me know all of the information, or you can wait until sometime later near the end, it doesn't matter as long as they are sent out by July 12th.

Once all of the books have been received, I will pick winners!


I hope to get some more prizes for you guys. If anyone wants to donate something to give away as a prize to the people donating books, please email me at ssalach88@gmail.com


I hope to get a great turnout for this, and to have lots of books for these girls to read! If you could please spread the word in any way, it would be greatly appreciated!

A big thanks to author Eric Luper who brought this to my attention! To read more about his efforts, go here!

Thank you everyone!


Sherry<3

13 comments:

Kirthi said...

Oh wow, thanks so much! You got the prizes picked out FAST :D

Gregory @ Teens Read and Write said...

We will check what we got and fill out the form by 6/27. Great idea!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

You SO rock for doing this. thanks for supporting the girls of St. Anne Institute! Please let me know if there is anything I can do to support your support!

Jacquelyn Wheeler said...

Fantastic idea! Copies of Rising Shadow and Merger ready to go...

Arena @ {thenerdswife} said...

What an awesome thing to do!

I'm your newest follower. I love your blog!

You can check out mine here.

Happy Monday!

Arena
aka The Nerd's Wife

Amanda said...

Wow what a great thing to do!!
BTW, there's a blog award for you over at my Blog!
-Amanda

Ammietia (a girl you once knew) said...

This is awesome. I've been wanting to donate books for a long while, but the children hospitals around here (and in Toronto) won't accept anything that isn't brand new because of health reasons, which I totally understand though I'm disappointed. Now I finally can donate books, thanks to you!

I'm compiling a list now :D

Mrs. DeRaps said...

Wow. This is a great idea. Thanks for promoting this awesome cause.

Emily said...

What a great idea! I'm drafting a post about this project as we speak. :D

Bere said...

What an amazing and great idea Sherry. I think I have a few books that I would like to donate. I'll be back to fill out the form. =)

Missie, The Unread Reader said...

Thanks for putting this together!

Candace said...

This is fantastic that your doing this. I'm organizing something like this myself, but still have it on the DL. I'll look and see what I have around here to donate and will be back. I'll spread the word too!

Sherry said...

Thank you everyone for all of your support!! :)

Post a Comment

Leave some lovin'! :)