Pages

Note to my followers:

Currently not in use. But I'm not deleting it because I may start back up again one day.

I need your help!!!

Hey guys!

So I recently found out about author Eric Luper's(Seth Baumgartner's Love Manifesto) efforts to get books donated to St. Anne's Institute, which is a residential and therapeutic facility for at-risk girls ages 12 to 18 from all over New York State. Now I think this is pretty cool, and what makes it even cooler is that this is less than an hour from where I live. I think it would be amazing to get some books for these girls that need and want them.

So here is where you come in hand. I am planning everything out for a donation type contest. Everyone who donates books will be entered to win. Here's the problem... I don't know what to give away as prizes. I was thinking some signed books and what not, but I'm not really sure. If you were one of the people participating, what would you want to win? Any and all ideas are very much appreciated.

So please, leave your ideas below or email me at ssalach88@gmail.com if you would like to help or donate something to be given away as a prize! :)

Thanks so much!! :)


Sherry<3

8 comments:

Blueicegal ♥ said...

Hey girl! :) let me think books would be the obvious choice however signed books would be a good idea, i cant really think of any thing else i would really want but if you really want to find out why don't you do a poll? with all sorts of different choices, that should do the trick :)

Tori [Book Faery] said...

A gift card is always nice. Or you can make an arrangement with a publisher if you have any contacts (or even an author or two for some signed books).

Then for whatever books people donate (and once you receive them) they can be entered for x-amount of entries. Once you're done, you can just do a random drawing and award people however many prizes you want.

FICTION STATE OF MIND said...

I think book brizes are good, maybe make multiple stacks like a b and c so people could choose also gift cards are great:) ive been doing book of your choice from book depository lately since shipping is free.

Tori [Book Faery] said...

I know a couple of other people who were doing giveaways to raise $$ for certain charities and publishers sent them like 3 boxes full of books to help out with the giveaway. It's great publicity for the pubs & authors too.

CHRISTIE said...

Books and swag (signed or not). Pre-order a book of winner’s choice from Amazon or The Book Depository. If I can think of anything else I’ll come back :)

Shannon O'Donnell said...

Amazon gift cards are always easy, cuz you can just email them. And of course we all love books.

I'd be happy to donate, Sherry. Email me with the details and I'll ship some books your way. :-)

mrso_d at yahoo dot com

Alyssa Kirk said...

I agree on the books and gift cards. Also, I'm sure we have something to donate so let me know how/where/when to contribute. Great idea!

Kirthi said...

Ooh, I have a nice bunch of books to donate! I was thinking of sending them to the library, but sending them to St. Annes would be so much better :D
I agree, gift cards are the way to go, yo. lol :D

Post a Comment

Leave some lovin'! :)